Statewide Sacramento Chapter
Message from APSEA President, Alicia Wong
Welcome to another year with the Asian Pacific State Employee Association (APSEA). We are off to an enthusiastic and ambitious start! I am excited to begin my term as your President. This year brings renewed energy and enthusiasm. Over the next few months, we are eager to get to know you, understand your needs, and provide support in those specific ways to help further your professional endeavors. Your input from the membership survey clearly communicated what your interests are and what you hope to gain from being a member of APSEA. Thank you for your contribution to start off this new year!
Although we have a new Board of Directors, our goals continue to focus on serving our members by providing the quality programs you ask for. APSEA prides itself on our leadership workshops, career development sessions, networking opportunities, and a membership that includes some of the most distinguished members in state government. We are busy planning additional ways for you to connect, engage, inspire, and influence how we can all make a difference through the exchange of information and best practices that can be applied to your own work environment.
As we have in the years past, APSEA will also continue to partner with the community to promote career opportunities, civic participation and cultural awareness, and support young adults in higher education advancements through the APSEA Foundation by sponsoring scholarships. And most importantly, APSEA will advocate on statewide issues important to you, including ensuring equal employment opportunities for our members. This is the heart and soul of why this organization was founded and we are dedicated to continuing forward with the great work APSEA has already accomplished in this area.
We welcome our members to get involved with leading and participating on these committees and programs that provide the services our members enjoy. APSEA is YOUR organization, so I personally, encourage you to take full advantage of all the ways you can as a member.
Board of Directors
President: Alicia Wong
First Vice President: Brian Wong
Second Vice President: Yedukondalu (YK) Chalamcheria
Treasurer: Sandy Jang
Corresponding Secretary: Keri Nomura
Recording Secretary: Shivani Bose-Varela
Immediate Past President: Linda Ng
Advisors: Dan Tokutomi, Dean Lan, Helen Fong, Jeff Uyeda, Juney Lee, Oliver Chu, Rebekah Christensen
From left to right, John Chiang California State Treasurer swearing in Board of Directors: Sandy Jang, Alicia Wong, Brian Wong, Yk Chalamcheria, Keri Nomura, Shivani Bose-Varela
APSEA Statewide Board / Sacramento Chapter
P.O. Box 22909
Sacramento , CA 95822-2909
Both Facebook and YouTube icons are live. Just click on the icons. You do not need a Facebook account to view APSEA photos on Facebook or a YouTube account to see APSEA videos.
- Executive Board Meetings are held First Thursday of each month.
- Career Development Program Workshop: Analytical Skills on the Job – September 9, 2015.
- Holiday Mixer December 4, 2014. Visit APSEA Facebook for pictures
- Navigating Leadership Symposium November 13, 2014 Information Visit APSEA Facebook for pictures
- My Sister’s House Walk/Run October 25, 2014 – Awesome APSEA Alliance Team won first place for the largest community team. Visit APSEA Facebook for pictures.
- Conversations in Leadership Workshop: A Call to Action: Leadership, Innovation and the Unlimited You. September 23, 2014.
- Reception at the Capitol 8/20/2014
- Statewide Board of Directors Training Photos – July 26, 2014
- Conversations in Leadership Workshop: Human Systems and Technology: Leadership and Innovation in Today’s Technological World – June 24, 2014
- Conversations in Leadership Workshop: Redefining Leadership and Innovation – April, 29, 2014
- APSEA General Meeting May 1, 2014 – Ratify Proposed Changes to Bylaws
- APSEA Foundation 15th Anniversary Gala Celebration April 22, 2014. For more information visit: http://www.apseafoundation.org/ Visit APSEA Facebook for pictures.
- APSEA Lunar New Year Dinner March 23, 2014. Visit APSEA Facebook for pictures.
- APSEA Foundation High School Scholarship Opportunity – Online filing deadline midnight March 11, 2014. Click on link for eligibility, requirements, and online application : http://www.apseafoundation.org/application/
- APSEA Membership Survey – Due March 5, 2014. Contact email@example.com
- APSEA President’s and Member’s Award Nominations accepted until 1/17/14. Click here for the flyer
- APSEA Holiday Mixer – December 10, 2013. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- Navigating Leadership 2013 Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- My Sister’s House Run for a Safe Haven October 26, 2013. Team Name: Awesome Alliance of APSEA. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- APSEA Sacramento Chapter General Membership Meeting September 24, 2013. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- Assoc. of Calif. State Employees with Disabilities September 24, 2013 Training Symposium
- Statewide Board Training July 20, 2013. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- Civil Rights Conference June 13, 2013
- May 7 and May 8, August 6, November 13 Navigating Leadership 2013 Education Series. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- APSEA Foundation Annual Scholarship Dinner April 23, 2013. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- Lunar New Year Celebration March 17, 2013. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- Training: March 21, 2013 Tips on Taking a State Exam. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- APSEA Holiday Mixer December 6, 2012. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- Leadership and EEO Symposium – Thursday November 8, 2012. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Habits 4-7, September 6, 2012. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- Statewide Board Training July 28, 2012. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- APSEA Foundation Scholarship Banquet April 24, 2012. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- March 18, 2012 Sunday, Lunar New year Celebration. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- APSEA Statewide Sacramento Chapter Board Election 2012-13. Ballots mailed March 5, 2012.
- APSEA Statewide Sacramento Chapter By Law Proposed Changes March 2012.
- APSEA Foundation 2011-12 Scholarship Application Deadline Extended to Friday, February 24, 2012 @ 5:00pm. Click here for more information.
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Habits 1-3, February 23, 2012. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- APSEA Networking Bowling Mixer January 15, 2012. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- Town Hall Meeting with Mayor Kevin Johnson January 9, 2012. APSEA was one of the co-sponsors at this event. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- APSEA Holiday Mixer at Louie’s Restaurant & Catering December 8, 2011 Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- My Sister’s House Fun Run October 8, 2011. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- APSEA Orientation Meeting for New Members October 27, 2011. Visit APSEA at Facebook for pictures.
- ACSED 2011 Training Symposium October 6, 2011
- Mock Oral Interviews 9/10/2011
- Reception at the Capitol 8/17/2011
- July 30, 2011 Statewide Board Meeting
- Understanding Aging and Memory Loss Part II Workshops July 2011
- How To Develop a Strong Statement of Qualifications Training June 25, 2011
- APSEA Foundation Scholarship Dinner April 26, 2011
- Lunar New Year Dinner and Feng Shui Discussion, Holiday Villa Restaurant, March 20, 2011
- How To Develop a Strong Statement of Qualifications Training March 26, 2011
- Understanding the Appointment Process Training January 15, 2011
- Holiday Mixer, Lucca’s Restaurant, December 2, 2010
- My Sister’s House Fun Run, William Land Park, November 6, 2010
- Asian Community Center Nursing Home Fundraiser September 11, 2010
- APSEA Statewide Board Meeting July 24, 2010
- July 2010 Statewide Membership Drive Winners : Central Valley Chapter, Adam See, Brian Miura, and Paul Perez
- APSEA Foundation Scholarship Dinner, Rice Bowl, April 26, 2010
- Networking Bowling, Land Park Lanes, February 28, 2010
- CNYCA Year of the Tiger Celebration, California State University, February 6, 2010
- Holiday Mixer , Mason’s at the Park, December 8, 2009
- Sacramento JACL Award Dinner, November 19, 2009
- My Sister’s House Sixth Annual Fun Run, William Land Park, November 7, 2009
- Statewide Executive Board Meeting, Asian Resources Center, July 11, 2009
- Asian & Pacific Islander Policy Summit Banquet Gala, Radisson Hotel, May 26, 2009
- Scholarship Dinner at Holiday Villa Restaurant, April 27, 2009
- Bowling Day at AMF, January 31, 2009